The Green Move initiative, operated by ForGood Vietnam and sponsored by the U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City, aims to train 50 young leaders in Creative Communication to promote social awareness of the environment and climate change. The program will run from April 2023 to August 2023 and includes training, mentoring, project implementation, and reporting of results. The target participants are young leaders aged 18-35, residing and studying in the southern region.
To contribute positively to the sustainable development of society and empower the younger generation, ForGood Vietnam has launched the Green Move initiative, sponsored by the U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City. This initiative aims to provide training to 50 young leaders in the southern region on Creative Communication, with the goal of promoting social awareness of environmental and climate-related issues.
Green Move Kick-Off Event took place on December 21, 2022.
Youth who meet the following criteria can register to participate in the program:
- Aged 18-30, currently living, working, or studying in Ho Chi Minh City or southern provinces.
- Enrolled in universities, colleges, vocational high schools, or equivalent institutions; or involved in units, teams, or projects related to climate change and the environment.
- Interested and have a basic understanding of climate change and environmental issues.
- Desire to change community awareness and behavior to protect the environment and respond to climate change.
- Proficient in listening, speaking, reading, and writing in Vietnamese, and have the ability to communicate in English.
The students will engage in group exercises during the training sessions.
The Green Move program consists of four main parts: Training, Mentoring, Project Implementation, and Reporting of Results.
During the training phase, Green Move focuses on developing creative communication skills to serve the purpose of changing community awareness and behavior to protect the environment and respond to climate change. This phase will be conducted through workshops, with sessions held for two days per week over a duration of three weeks at the U.S. Center, under the auspices of the U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City.
The Green Move participants are dedicated to studying various topics.
After the training process, the participants work in teams to develop environmental and climate change communication projects within their schools, organizations, or local communities under the guidance of a mentor or expert advisor.
The student groups meet with their mentors to finalize their communication plans.
After the mentoring process, the groups will finalize their plans and present them to the organizing committee of Green Move, including ForGood Vietnam and the US Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City. They will submit their project proposals and implementation plans for review to be considered for partial financial support. Once approved, they can begin implementing their projects within a period of two months.
The student groups present their projects to receive funding for implementation.
The groups report on the results of their project at the US Center after 2 months of project implementation. Individuals who fulfill all requirements will receive a Certificate of Participation in the program from ForGood Vietnam and the US Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City.
The program will run from February 2023 to August 2023, with the following key milestones:
- Program registration: From January 5th to February 10th, 2023.
- Individual interviews with the Green Move organizing committee (online): From February 15th to February 22nd, 2023.
- Training at the US Center: From April 5th to April 20th, 2023.
- Project development and mentoring: From April 21st to May 24th, 2023.
- Project implementation: From June 5th to August 5th, 2023.
- Reporting and program wrap-up: On August 18th, 2023.
Participation in the program is completely free of charge and sponsored by the US Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City. Regarding the registration process for Green Move, the organizing committee will consider applications through one of the following methods:
- Students nominated by their universities.
- Individuals who apply independently and have a recommendation letter from their working unit or current project involvement.
Some additional information about the program:
- View information about the program’s trainers and advisors here.
- Classes for the Green Move program will commence at the US Center.
- Date for the presentation of the Green Move program’s projects.
You can view the program’s report here.